As December draws to a close, it’s time to reflect on the year that has passed and take stock of our key achievements for Binocs in 2023.
Product Milestones for Binocs in 2023
2023 has been a landmark year for product development at Binocs. We’re proud to announce that we’ve rolled out 5 significant product updates, each aimed at enhancing the functionality and user experience of our platform. In addition to general performance enhancements that ensure a smoother, more efficient Binocs experience for all users, some notable other updates include:
- Significant improvements were made to the usability and speed of the Schedule feature, resulting in more than 23 hours of scheduling time saved compared with 2022.
- We introduced our newly-designed role-specific landing pages, tailoring user experiences to the needs of different roles within our client organizations—something that more than 36% of all users have already adopted since July!
- Another exciting addition is the recent introduction of our Execution Kanban feature, enhancing task visualization and schedule management via an easy-to-use drag-and-drop system.
- As we continue to expand our offering to the Cell and Gene Therapy and Small Scale Production settings, we’ve launched a new capacity planning algorithm that has been developed to meet the specific needs of those sectors.
- Our Gantt chart feature has been enhanced to offer a more intuitive and comprehensive view of project timelines.
- A major leap forward has been the introduction of updated API interfacing, streamlining the integration of Binocs with other systems as part of our commitment to agnostic interoperability.
- Further enhancements were also made to the Scenarios feature to bolster the usability of our what-if analysis functionality.
- Our History logging system was also enhanced to provide improved robustness and extended auditing capacity.
In addition to updates to the Binocs product, our embedded support platforms have also been extended this year:
- The comprehensive Binocs Knowledge Base has grown by 10%, with a further 10% of articles updated to reflect these enhanced product features.
- The community of learners using the Binocs Academy grew by a whopping 30% in 2023, bringing the total number of courses completed to more than 16,000!
Commercial Milestones for Binocs in 2023
On the commercial front, we welcomed 16 major new clients in the pharma and CGT industries to the Binocs platform this year. This expansion is marked by a 29% increase in the number of assets being planned with Binocs and an 18% increase in our user base.
Overall, our clients have collectively created more than 40,000 AI-enhanced schedules, showcasing the widespread adoption and trust in one of our core features. The Campaign Manager, another key piece of Binocs functionality, was utilized over 25,000 times to optimally group hundreds of thousands of samples for concurrent and/or sequential testing, further demonstrating the critical role played by Binocs in laboratory management.
In a strategic move to expand our commercial reach and tap into emerging markets, we appointed new Asia-Pacific leads in Singapore and Australia, signaling our commitment to global growth and presence.
Team Milestones for Binocs in 2023
Our team has seen substantial growth, with 10 new members joining in 5 different countries, reflecting our global and diverse culture.
Meanwhile, the interest in our #binocstalks webinars was a further source of pride, with more than 250 attendees registering for sessions on topics including how to minimize laboratory analyst turnover and how to optimize the use of analytical instrumentation. Further demonstrating the continued relevance and value of our thought leadership within the industry, Binocs team members also actively participated in 12 external events across 7 different time zones in 2023!
As we look back on these milestones, we’re filled with pride and gratitude for what we’ve achieved together. Here’s to another year of innovation, growth, and success at Binocs! 🌟