Senior Backend Developer (.Net/SQL)
- Experience: Experienced
- Contract: Permanent contract
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
Our enterprise SaaS product BINOCS
helps teams to ‘Nail their operational performance’. With a scheduling co-bot, what-if based scenario planning, actionable analytics and zero-code integrations, we’re pushing the boundaries in resource planning for QC labs, R&D labs and Cell Gene Therapy. We need developers to further develop our industry-leading SaaS solution BINOCS, in a fast-paced and high-performance environment. Are you the developer we’re looking for?
What will you do on a day to day basis:
- You will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), the operations and support for critical issues.
- Practice SCRUM/AGILE, use GIT as source control and Azure DevOps for CI/CD and backlog management.
- Collaborate with a diverse and international team.
- Participate in sparring/pair programming sessions and challenge ideas to solve issues.
- You clearly communicate and set expectations. What realistic results can be expected? What are the greatest risks/unknowns?
- Coach junior profiles so they grow to become great engineers like yourself
- Guard the quality and sustainability of the product and consider the functional and non-functional elements of the product.
What we require
BINOCS is a SAAS product hosted on Azure, using PaaS and is powered by .NET, SQL Server, Angular and React. We’re looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Excellent knowledge of SQL.
- Good knowledge of Azure.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD pipelines preferably in Azure DevOps
- Excellent knowledge of git
- Experience working in agile teams.
The following skills would be a plus:
- Azure infrastructure automation (ARM, Terraform or similar)
- Experience with oAuth2
- Experience with architecture and creating diagrams.
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps
- Experience with coaching junior profiles.
- The environment, culture, freedom, tools, trust, and support to do the best work of your career.
- A leading role with a large impact on the product and the company.
- Modern offices in Dublin (IE), Aalst (BE) and Mechelen (BE)
- Flexibility to work remotely as appropriate
- A competitive salary, a pension plan, medical insurance, phone with subscription and laptop.
- Room to enhance your personal and professional skills, but most importantly: a place to be yourself.
- Working on state-of-the-art cloud software.
- Recognition from global pharma clients as well as analysts such as Gartner and BCG.
About bluecrux and BINOCS
We’re bluecrux. Pleased to meet you!
Founded in 2011, Bluecrux is a value chain consulting and technology company. Our experts and software solutions help to transform today’s supply chains into smart, efficient, and fully integrated value chains. We believe that only true collaboration leads to innovation, by converging at the intersection of our knowledge and our customers’ ambition and linking expertise with technology and problems with solutions.
We’re a community, a movement that’s built at this intersection, which we call “the Cutting X”: it’s where supply chains evolve and value chains are forged.
Our client portfolio includes some of the world’s largest companies, including Johnson & Johnson, GSK, Roche, Bridgestone, AkzoNobel, Beiersdorf, Oatly, and many more. Our desire to work closely with them is also reflected in our global presence, with offices both in Europe and the US.
We need developers to further develop our industry-leading SaaS solution BINOCS, in a fast-paced and high-performance environment that provides the opportunity to quickly develop your skills. Are you the senior full stack developer we’re looking for?
Our development culture and values?
When you want to apply, you probably have loads of questions. Let us try to answer some already. Below we summarized our development culture and how our values translate into daily practices.
Our product delivery teams accept a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the product.
FLEXIBLE WORK ARRANGEMENTS
- Remote work is possible but face to face collaboration is encouraged.
- If possible, we do try to work together, at least 1 day a week. Great for some face to face bonding with your colleagues.
- You can start whenever you want. We have a short stand up meeting (remote) at 10 am, but if we need to rearrange we can discuss it with the team.
- We prevent meetings from overwhelming an engineer’s schedule and protect your ‘maker time’ as much as possible. We only do a short status update every morning at 10 am.
- Twice a week the engineering team has a coffee talk in which the participants rant freely or discuss interesting things that they have found
- Every 6 weeks we do a company-wide half-day meeting to learn from our colleagues (customer success managers, support, sales, marketing, …). These meetings are intended to learn, but also to socialize with colleagues and understand how we impact our customers.
- The product managers are closely involved with the development team.
- You’ll always have a clear view of the direction the product is going and why.
- Priorities can change but are always discussed together. New things coming in the sprint means other stuff is going out.
- Unless you’re on call to assist during a deploy or maintenance job outside business hours we respect your personal time.
- You can disable Slack during weekends and after 6 pm
AGILE IS THE WAY
- We work in 6-week cycles. Every 6 weeks we release a batch of improvements to the user acceptance server (and 2 weeks later to the production server)
- The cycle is split into three 2-week sprints. Together with the product manager, the product delivery team defines the work for each sprint.