A world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coatings, with 28 000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium.
Increase service level & efficiency while reducing inventory across business platforms through standardization of planning processes and increasing planning maturity by implementing an APS tool.
The main challenges were:
- Business units with different maturity, organizational setup and aspirations
- Supply chain considered as a supporting function and subordinated to manufacturing excellences
- Decentralized, non-integrated planning initiatives. Limited experience with transformation programs
Bluecrux determined current planning maturity through management & site interviews and facilitated future maturity target setting. We co-designed the future operating model & detailed planning processes. This preparatory work culminated in the RFI/RFP documentation and selection process where we supported tool selection:
- Creating a supply chain maturity roadmap
- Development of an operation model
- Predesign of planning processes and business requirements definition
- Business case development
- Shortlisted suitable APS vendors and facilitation of RFP process
C-level acknowledgement of supply chain importance & sense of urgency to increase maturity
Management buy-in for future operating model
Standardized planning processes for increased planning maturity
Long & shortlist of APS tools leading to APS tool selection